2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 1120 times)  

Travel & Outdoor

I like the lines in this photograph very clean and seemingly seldom used gas station.The tire tracks taking you to the left and right from the centre of the frame and the person standing there giving the sense of size

Petrol Station in Lusaka Zambia by Ruud van Ruitenbeek
Petrol Station in Lusaka Zambia by Ruud van Ruitenbeek

People & Portrait

The soldier on the truck not looking to friendly with the hand telling you to move

is made even stronger by the angle of this photograph.

The machine guns (Bren made in England during the 2nd world war) add to the Tension.

I suggest talking to them first before photographing them.

Move on by Ruud van Ruitenbeek
Move on by Ruud van Ruitenbeek

Nature & Wildlife

Due to the fact that only one person posted in the nature forum this week my job has been made easier.

The cacti in this shot are magnificent the color is outstanding.

I have never seen these colors in cacti before.

The DOF is great giving a good seperation between the different stems

Colorful Cactus by Bob Miller
Colorful Cactus by Bob Miller

Weekly Challenge - Shallow Depth of Field

This shot of the couple fooling around with the focus on the left eye of this lovely lady giving us a very shallow DOF .The desaturation of the colors and the brightness of the photograph give it  that little bit more.I would like to see this in B/W with the eyes very light .

Moscow Couple by Richard P Schoettger
Moscow Couple by Richard P Schoettger

Chatty
By: Likes:

A double! Thanks Avi! Your reasons for liking the Petrol Station picture are exactly the same as mine. As regards talking to the guy before 'shooting' him: it was just a spur of the moment thing, not much thinking involved. If I had talked to him he would probably have smiled, thus destroying the tension that makes this picture! I did not feel unsafe or really threatened by him, otherwise I probably would not have raised my camera.

There are a few contributions in the Nature & Wildlife category to come from me. I have just returned from a fantastic weekend safari in the Kafue National Park.

Chatty
2 posts :: Page 1 of 1