5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 4480 times)  

In light of growing restrictions on airline carry-on bags, I've been searching for smaller and smaller camera bags, as well as what is the smallest camera kit that works for me.  I think I've found the right bag in the Tamrac Zoom Traveler 4, Model #604.  It's very compact and light yet large enough to allow me to carry a Nikon D2X, 12-24mm Nikkor, 18-200mm Nikkor, 105mm micro Nikkor, the SB-800 strobe and a pair of compact binoculars.  There's also room for an assortment of accessories including camera batteries, memory cards, AA batteries, filters and an off-camera cable.  How cool is that.

No pictures of the bag, but for the heck of it I'll post a snapshot of my wife and I with our 10-year granddaughter and her first-ever king salmon.  It was 19 pounds, and she reluctantly agreed to kiss it.... Almost!

Junior

On my system at least, the photo I posted appears as a link, and clicking on that causes it to try to download.   Will that be the norm, or did I not use the correct technique for posting the photo?

Junior

Just to test the system (and my understanding of it), I decided to try posting a quote from my original post using html code, since I can't find a quote button under the controls at the moment:

In light of growing restrictions on airline carry-on bags, I've been searching for smaller and smaller camera bags, as well as what is the smallest camera kit that works for me.  I think I've found the right bag in the

Tamrac Zoom Traveler 4, Model #604.  It's very compact and light yet large enough to allow me to carry a Nikon D2X, 12-24mm Nikkor, 18-200mm Nikkor, 105mm micro Nikkor, the SB-800 strobe and a pair of compact binoculars.  There's also room for an assortment of accessories including camera batteries, memory cards, AA batteries, filters and an off-camera cable.  How cool is that.

Hmmmm.  And I see a photo insert button in the controls for this comment page.  I'll try that now to see if it shows up as a photo rather than a link:

Whoops.  Clicking that button took me to a place I'm not ready to try yet!

Junior

Hank, I must say I agree - though my current lack of routine airline travel is not the driving concern... more my choice of wheels ;-)

I am finding that if I limit myself to the 5D II, Sigma 24mm f1.8 (I am just so loving this little lens!), the Canon EF70-200 f4.0 and a tiny little Slik tripod I can get away with carrying the camera gear and my spare clothes/sleeping bag/tent and perhaps have space to squeeze in a flashgun and a bottle of finest single malt!

Rob

Rob Sutherland
Alpinist Photography
Cumbria, United Kingdom

District

Anything Think Tank. They make some legal/regulation complient bags that are very very well made and designed.

Rica
5 posts :: Page 1 of 1