6 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 3471 times)  

I am headed to SE Asia for a month Nov/Dec.  Does anybody have tips fo photography there?  How are the people about having their photos taken?  The high point of the trip will be Angkor Wat.  Has anybody else shot it?  It's a once in a lifetime for me, so any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Junior

Hi Victoria,

from what I have seen here, Richard, Zara and Namrata are probably the best people to approach re this trip.... may be try to mail them directly by going to their profiles...

and enjoy the trip and can't wait to see your photos on your return..

Andrew

AndrewRHB Photography

Junior

Hi, I am in remote area of the Sichuan Province of China now until Oct 23.  I have travelled these areas quite abit as I live in Singapore now.  I have to keep this short, but you are welcome to check out my website at 7continentsgallery.smugmug.com (no www)  I have plenty there.  Love Sapa in Vietnam, Luang Prabang in Laos and of course Ankor Wat.   I can offfer more after I return from my current trip too.   Talk soon

Richard Schoettger

Chatty

Thanks Richard,

I love Sichuan.  Was only there for a few days in 2006, but would love to go back, especially out in the wilds.  Even if you are there for work, you can enjoy the food!

Best,

Victoria 

Junior

I have been to each of these places, Laos and Vietnam, several times and they are unparalleled for picture taking.

You'll probably stay in Siem Reap to visit Angkor temples. Last time there I stayed at Two Dragons Guest House, fairly cheap and, best of all,  Gordon Sharpless the owner runs a tight ship and his associated tuk-tuk drivers are honest.

Any ticket you buy for the temple complex is good starting from 5 PM the evening before so you can get in some evening shots. 

For more information about specifics of that area, look at TalesofAsia.com.

I have some amateur photos of that area at http://lewlortonphoto.com/f758501278

Lew

Thanks for the tips.  I have visited your sight and it is helpful in imagining the things that I might want to photograph.

Junior
6 posts :: Page 1 of 1