3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 4209 times)  

As requested I have set up a gallery "Introduce Yourself" where ALL registered members of TPN can post a self-portrait and provide some biographical information about themselves. The guidelines are simple:

• PERSONAL PORTRAITS ONLY - this is not a critique gallery.
  • Title it with your name.
  • Use the description to talk about yourself - passions, interests, personal facts, career, where you've traveled, anything.

We want to know you. This gallery is open to ALL TPN registered users. You do not have to be a paid subscriber to post your self portrait and biography.

Walter Rowe, Editor
Travel Photographers.net

Admin

Hi,

As a new member I have tried twice to upload an "introduce yourself" photo and profile and have yet to succeed.  I appreciate the goal of the TPN but I think the website needs a bit of work for user friendliness.  It should be hard to simply upload a photo successfully.  I'm still not sure that I was really trying to upload to the proper area.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

George

Hi George,

When you try to upload an image, on the upload page I assume you see the first tab (Flash Upload) highlighted? If so, there can be an issue at times. When you go to that page, look at the File Size Limit. If it ends with a "B" instead of an "M", select a different Destination Album, then select your original Destination Album. You should see the File Size Limit change to a number that now ends with an "M" (megabytes).

The Flash Upload method lets you upload multiple pictures at one time to the same album. This is helpful for populating your personal member album and subalbums. It saves you time and effort for obvious reasons. If the Flash Upload method continues to fail, click the Web Browser Upload tab. That tab provides the more traditional way of selecting a file, entering title / description / keywords in text fields, etc. and pressing a Save button at the bottom of the page.

The developer of our website software is aware of the bug in the Flash Upload feature, but thus far has been unable to determine the root cause and fix it.

Walter

Walter Rowe, Editor
Travel Photographers.net

Admin
3 posts :: Page 1 of 1