7 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 3100 times)  

Well, it's my first time picking the photographs of the week... so be gentle with me!

Travel & Outdoor

Styling in Luang Prabang, Laos - © Richard P Schoettger
Styling in Luang Prabang, Laos - © Richard P Schoettger

I really liked this one by Richard P Schoettger - it is full of interest. It took me a while to decide that I liked the colour element in the frame, but in the end I decided it was a stronger image because of it mainly as it draws attention to the continuous repetition in the mirror. 

People & Portrait

Dark-haired Beauty - © Lucy Llewellyn Byard
Dark-haired Beauty - © Lucy Llewellyn Byard

Lucy Llewellyn Byard's "Dark-haired Beauty" was, I thought, a fantastic photograph. I like the overall effect of the high contrast treatment and felt that it enhanced the subject matter well.

Nature & Wildlife

Osprey with Dish - © Avi Hirschfield
Osprey with Dish - © Avi Hirschfield

I am going to have to give this one to Avi Hirschfield! I have been really enjoying his avian photographs of late!

Weekly Challenge - Shooting Mono

Sydney Opera House - © Richard P Schoettger
Sydney Opera House - © Richard P Schoettger

This photograph really just works for me on so many levels. It is a superb mono conversion, a superb architectural photograph and artistically just hangs together perfectly. Superb work by Richard P Schoettger (again!).

I am also going to give a special mention to  Rahul Dulta for his photograph "Sheep" as I was really rather taken by that photograph - it was a difficult choice as to which one I should pick between his and Richards.  In the end the Opera House won through, but I had to highlight this "runner up"

Sheep - © Rahul Dulta
Sheep - © Rahul Dulta

The Weekly Challenge was actually very strong this week throughout... you guys do know how to make life difficult don't you!

Rob

Rob Sutherland
Alpinist Photography
Cumbria, United Kingdom

District

Well done Rob! Congrats to all!

Walter Rowe, Editor
Travel Photographers.net

Admin

Hi there, just rejoined TPN and have uploaded a couple of images to my Library, all courtesy of Lonely Planet Images and Alex Foley from Ireland. All travel shots of fun places to see. I am still working on how to delete duplicate images, so if anyone knows please let me know! thanks. On general travel talk and images, I have just launched in partnership with Lonelyplanet Images www.lonelyplanet.imagesandprints.com. It is meant to be a Tracel Image blog site, touching on various travel and world themes and colouring the discussion with wonderful and inspirational images from the Lonely Planet photographers. Come sometime and have a look and tell us what you think of our travel image blogs and what other topics you think we should cover etc.

I just uploaded this blog yesterday on Cadel Evans' wonderful Tour de France win. It shows a flavour of Paris and the cyclists from the Tour de France. What a great day for the oldest winner in 88 years! He looked so happy and proud under the Arc de Triumph yesterday with Tina Arena singing the Australian National Anthem.

Rob Have a good beer after that hard work,

Yes it is getting great out there now with all the competition and the new and returning names.

Congratulations to all on your picks

Wink

Chatty

What a stunning selection of Creativity on a Travelers forum. One after the other image kept me asking for coming back and back again. Congratulations to All Participants - from the artists to the Selector! Cheers!ClappingClappingClappingClappingClapping

excited
Africa

I certainly don't envy the moderators when it comes down to their choices, great selection of some great shots, well done all...

AndrewRHB Photography

Junior

Well Rob...Thanks a ton for the honor, especially with the Mono work.  I thought that was an extremely difficult group of images and there were so many high on my list.   Must be very difficult.  I also believe you need to keep your works out of the weeks you are moderating as what you have submitted is outstanding.  You bring a lot to the site and really look forward to seeing more of your images in the future.

Congrats to Avi and Lucy too....cream of the crop and I am an admirer of your works!    

Richard Schoettger

Chatty
7 posts :: Page 1 of 1