5 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 3111 times)  

I'm happy to see some past members as well as new coming on board this last week. The weekly picks are:

Travel & Outdoor

Karin De Winter - Angkor Wat Entrance, Siem Reap, Cambodia 2010

Atmosphere, leading lines, and strong portrait lighting combine to make this an outstanding travel image.

Angkor Wat Entrance, Siem Reap, Cambodia 2010
Angkor Wat Entrance, Siem Reap, Cambodia 2010

People & Portrait

Patrick Flynn - Rickshade

The long evening shadows pull us into the subject. The panoramic crop has been well chosen to confine the simplicity.

Rickshade
Rickshade

Nature & Wildlife

Patrick Flynn - Caught

A super action shot of the Great Blue Heron and his catch. I only wish the exif was available for further comment.

Caught
Caught

Travel Challenge - Telephoto Portraits

Richard P Schoettger - Flower Hmong Woman

As a long-time portrait photographer, this is what I look for in a travel portrait.  The light across the face, expression, color of the clothing, skin tone, and limited depth of field are all used together to create this outstanding and spontaneous portrait. 

Flower Hmong Woman
Flower Hmong Woman

Congrats to the chosen few and be sure to send a TPN link to your friends!

Chatty

Great Picks Bob!! Congrats to the winners!!

Junior

Excellent photographs - congratulations to all!

Rob Sutherland
Alpinist Photography
Cumbria, United Kingdom

District

It's wonderful to see such great shots on the site. Congrats to all!

Joe Becker
Tacoma, Washington, USA

Chatty
USA

Thanks for all the kind comments and thoughts and is extremely flattering to be included with such wonderful imagery.  I am very impressed with all the contributions each photographer has made in addition to the excellent comments.  It adds to a growing experience.  It is funny, how some of the best images can come from nowhere.  I was in Ha Loc and it was extremely crowded and tough to concentrate with the heat and all.  I actually do not remember taking the image with the Flower Hmong woman, so I was pleasantly surprised when I got home.   I look forward to being involved with this more in the future.  Thanks again. 

Richard Schoettger

Chatty
cheerful
5 posts :: Page 1 of 1