7 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Likes:
  (Read 2612 times)  

If you had a Monday to Thursday during the day to spend in Chicago, and you had never been there, how would you spend it? What would you do and see?

My wife has a conference there over the summer. I could tag along but don't know if it would be worth me taking personal vacation time to spend the days seeing the city.

curious

Walter,

Here's a few things that my significant other wrote up on her blog from a trip (she was attending Blogher)..

Running around town while she's in conferences is a perfect Idea

Tim

Tim Marks
www.photowanderer.com
Michigan USA

Thanks Tim!

Walter, Shedd's Aquarium near Soldier Field is world class, and I spent at least an hour on the jellyfish display alone. Spectacular lighting on fantastical forms is always a winner, and it's easy to photograph them with a wide angle lens as long as you press it against the display glass to avoid glare.

Also, the Loop offers some really intriguing photos if you look around at odd angles. I have attached one architectural example as a starting reference point.

And there is always a jaunt to Wrigley for the Cubbies, if you're into the American pasttime - see attached for that as well.

Being as Chicago is the "Second City" and therefore a major American attraction, I think that as a travel photographer you have to go experience it! Join your wife and have fun, I can't imagine you'll regret it.

Chatty

oops - well, the attachments did not take but I will post one in the main critique forums, Walter. I say go to Chicago! It's a great town.

Chatty

Me?

I'd eat well and often.  I've never snapped a pic there, but I've got to say I've had some of my best dining experiences in Chicago.  Too far in the past for me to dredge up names, but the hunt for great meals would still top my list if I returned.

Junior

My Chicago trip was exactly for 4 days (plus two to get in/out) and this is what I did:

Day 0: Landed in Chicagio late night. Customary delay due to weather (please account for that in your plans - flight plans are disrupted due to the weather about 364 out of 365 days in Chicago).

Day 1: Saw the "Cloud/Bean", Crown Fountain at the Milleneum park; Spent rest of the day in the Art Institute of Chicago. If you are an art fan, one day is barely enough to cover this place.

Day 2: Museum of the Modern Art, Museum of Space and Industry

Day 3: Field Museum of Natural History

Day 4: Shedd Aquarium and the Sears Tower.

Day 5: Fly out.

Pictures from this trip are available here (in case you want to check them out):

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/sharing/shareRedirectSwitchBoard.jsp?token=296369138903%3A1296078083&sourceId=533754321803&cm_mmc=eMail-_-Share-_-Photos-_-Sharee

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1