Join TravelPhotographers.net
Login
Welcome to TravelPhotographers.net
Saturday, November 30 2013 @ 09:18 PM EST
 Forum Index >  Travel Photography Discussions >  General Discussion
 Photo Crisis Averted .. Whew!
   |  Printable Version
By: Editor (offline)  Oct 16 2013 15:27 pm (Read 49 times)  
Editor

Almost had a minor crisis in the home office today. Without looking closely enough I slipped an SD card into the side of my iMac. As it turns out I slipped it into the CD/DVD slot. And there is a felt cover over that slot such that anything going in does not come out easily.

I turned off the iMac, disconnected all the peripherals, stood it on end, and shook it until I could hear the SD card moving about free inside the CD/DVD slot. I then set it down on my legs, still on it's end, and bounced it a few times while slipping the head of a small flathead screwdriver into the CD/DVD slot to move the felt aside. A corner of the SD card just poked through, but was still was not far enough out that I could grab it. So I innovated by getting a bread bag twist tie, flattening the plastic coating, and making it into a sort of hook (shape of the letter "J"Wink. While keeping the iMac on-end with the CD/DVD slide pointing down between my knees, I slipped the twist tie up into the CD/DVD slot, positioned the twist tie hook behind the SD card, and pulled it far enough out that I could grab and remove it.

Minor crisis averted. Thank goodness!

Walter Rowe, Editor
Travel Photographers.net

12/03/09

A Global Community

All times are EST. The time is now 09:18 pm.
Normal Topic
Locked Topic
Sticky Topic
New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

What's New

Stories

Media Gallery last 7 days

Random Image

Mother and Adolescent Elephants, Zambia
© Richard P Schoettger
Browse Album

Who's Online

Guest Users: 81
Oops! There's an error!
Oops! There's an error!
If the problem persists, please review the error logs.